by Preeti K. Pulluri
I am Preeti K. Pulluri, an MPH second year student with Concentration Maternal Child Health and Epidemiology at College of Public Health and Social justice, Saint Louis University, MO. My field placement is at Generate Health, a non profit community organization.
Generate Health is committed to building a community where moms and babies thrive by inspiring and mobilizing the St. Louis region to advance racial equity in pregnancy outcomes, family well-being and community health. Generate Health’s Initiatives focus on the following strategic priorities through a race equity lens:
- Promoting the overall health of women before, during and between pregnancies.
- Ensuring access to mental health and social support services for women and children.
- Saving lives and improving health by eliminating vaccine preventable illness.
- Advocating access to quality and affordable health care for all parents and children.
- Improving the health of home environments.
First few weeks:
I was introduced to all the staff members.
Participated in several meetings that include but not limited to:
- Infant health meeting
- FLOURISH Weekly Planning Meetings
- Fetal Infant Mortality Review-Case Review Team meeting
- Safe Sleep Summit Planning meetings
- Funder engagement Meetings for Safe Sleep Shared Measurement system
- Code with a cause meeting
Trainings planned during internship period:
Completed Evaluation Training for Generate Health
Completed Fetal Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) training
Duties & Activities:
- Summarized home visitation program evaluation report to make it concise and easy to understand to community members and general public.
- Sorted and typed “Letters of love” Under Flourish Initiative.
- Had introductory meetings with staff one on one basis.
I will come back with more blogs soon!!