Upon completion of this conference, learners should be able to:
- Describe racial and ethnic disparities in long-term and end-of-life care
- Explain cultural differences related to organ donation and transplantation
- Recognize and discuss the challenges faced by patients with invisible disabilities
- Serve as allies and implement effective strategies to interrupt bias in healthcare settings
- Identify various tools and resources that support the delivery of culturally responsive
Conference Goals: To educate Iowa’s health care providers about the importance of providing culturally responsive and competent care; to improve access to quality health care; and to reduce health disparities.