The Midwestern Public Health Training Center
Field Placement Program
Annual Stipend: $3,500 per individual
Number of Stipends Awarded: At least 25 stipends across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region 7 (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska) will be awarded. A minimum of five stipends will be available for individuals in each state.
Purpose: This stipend will help support field placement projects of individuals in the following categories:
- Graduate and doctoral students pursuing a degree in a health profession (e.g., public health, psychology, sociology, and social work)
- Undergraduate juniors or seniors enrolled in a health profession degree program (e.g., public health, psychology, sociology, and social work)
- Preventive Medicine Resident (PMR) placed at state or local health departments
- Tribal College or University (TCU) students enrolled in a health profession degree program (e.g., allied health, community health worker)
- Students must be currently enrolled in a health science academic program in HHS Region 7.
- Individuals must be U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents of the United States.
- Preference will be given to students doing their field placement projects in rural and/or medically underserved communities.
For additional information, including how to apply, contact your MPHTC State Advisor:
- Iowa: Mary Kosobucki (email@example.com)
- Kansas: Sonja Armbruster (Sonja.Armbruster@wichita.edu)
- Missouri: Alyssa Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nebraska: Julia Quigley (email@example.com)
Complete a Field Placement Agreement Form (see the link below).
Note: Some opportunities may have additional application requirements.
Field Placement Program Documents: