Share Public Health is our podcast connecting you to public health topics, issues, and colleagues throughout our region and the country, highlighting that we all share in public health. In this podcast, we will explore public health topics including leadership, mental health, health equity, hot topics, and emerging practices.
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
Public Library Partnerships
In this mini-series, we explore the benefits of strong partnerships between public health departments and public libraries.
This project is supported by the National Library Of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number UG4LM012346. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Over 10 episodes of this rural health series, we talk with people in a variety of communities about their experiences and perspectives on rural life, employment and health. Our aim is to deepen understanding of the complexity of rural life and celebrate rural areas.
In this series, we explore why advocacy is important for public health, how to do it, and learn from stories of public health practitioners, elected officials, and other advocates.
We interview several people about how COVID-19 has affected them and their industries, as well other public health topics during the pandemic.
- COVID-19: Experiences of People with Disabilities Listen, Transcript
- Darin Von Ruden: COVID-19 Impact on Dairy Farmers Listen, Transcript
- Dr. Rima Afifi: Messaging, Communications, and Behavior Change during COVID-19 Pandemic Listen, Transcript
- Dr. Nicole Novak and Andrew Bribriesco: COVID-19: Impact on Meatpacking Workers Listen, Transcript
Keep hearing about health equity? Check out our ten-part series that covers the health equity basics and provides concrete suggestions to advance health equity in organizations and communities.
In this ongoing series, we talk with public health leaders from around the country. We talk with people in local health departments, national organizations, and everything in between.
- Elizabeth Walsh: A Public Health Hustler Listen, Transcript
- Leah Casanave: Every Hero is a Person Listen, Transcript
- Michael Fraser: Don't be perfect, be less wrong. Listen, Transcript
- Jennifer Valentine: Daily Action, Long-term Impact Listen, Transcript
- Denise Foster: Most Fast to Move Slow Listen, Transcript
- Sue Hassmiller: Health Should Be a Shared Value Listen, Transcript
- Lindsay Huse: Flexibility is Your Friend Listen, Transcript
- Captain Aisha Mix: If there's not an opportunity, design it. Listen, Transcript
- Doris Brown: Find a Mentor Listen, Transcript
- Bobbie Berkowitx: Staying Relevant for Public Health 3.0 Listen, Transcript
- Jennifer McKeever: Connecting to Your Personal Story Listen, Transcript
- Brian Castrucci: We Need to be the Group that Speaks for the Community Listen, Transcript
In our very first series, we explore mental health through the lenses of schools, public safety, and businesses with partners in Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska and Kansas.